XCM Workflow Automation
Catagory: Enterprise Content Management - Accountants in Public Practice
General Public Accounting firms needing to manage resources and workflow requirements.
- Provides automated tracking and workflow for all the firm's processes across all departments, including Tax, A&A, Bookkeeping, HR, etc.
- Allows firms to mirror their actual workflow process within a Web application interface. Works horizontally with the firm's current tax, document management, and practice management software.
- Allows each employee to have a custom home page that acts as a detailed daily “to do” list, and includes the steps required to complete tasks keeping everyone organized and efficient.
- Allows easy access to all the task information and related source documents through a digital control sheet accessed from the user’s home page.
- Provides query-based reporting that users can filter and sort, based on specified criteria in real time.
- Provides the ability to see in real time the amount of work assigned to each person and be able to easily move work to others less busy.
- Serves as a strategic management tool for partners and managers.
- Integration with CCH Document and Practice Management software, Windows Explorer and Web-based Document Management Systems
- Available Modules: XCMportal for secure client collaboration within established workflow processes; XCMmobile for access to key, on-the-go functionality from any mobile device; XCMscheduling for integrated resource management
Brief Product Description and Pricing
XCM is a very powerful application that includes features and benefits not found in tracking and/or document management solutions currently marketed to the accounting industry.
Web-based application; all client information and reports are accessible remotely with an Internet browser.
Integration with Accounting and Ease of Setup
Tight integration with CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business, as well as Windows Explorer.
Company History and Contact Information
XCM Solutions was born from an accounting firm that was one of the early pioneers in the development of the paperless office. In 1999, the accounting firm, KAF Financial Group, became one of the first CPA firms in the country to fully adopt the paperless philosophy. It was through that understanding of the mix between technology and the process, that CEO Mark Albrecht first conceived XCM as the engine to support the totally paperless workflow solution used in his outsourcing company, Xpitax LLC. In the earlier stages, XCM was developed to handle the workflow for returns that were outsourced. However, Mark and his accounting firm envisioned a much greater use of the technology they developed. They determined that the same technology that allowed their CPA firm clients to outsource returns could be developed and used to support the entire workflow process that takes place in an accounting firm to make the accounting firm more efficient, more productive and more profitable. The end result was the development of their two products: XCM Outsource used to control the outsource workflow process and XCM used to control the in-house workflow process.
The Management Team of XCM Solutions are CPAs and or have extensive work experience in the accounting industry. The combined knowledge of this group of people provide the company with a clear understanding of the issues facing the accounting firm on a daily basis and foresight to develop technology that can be used to overcome those issues. The common goal is to help clients streamline their internal workflow process using simple and intuitive Internet solutions.
639 Granite Street
Braintree, MA 02184
Information and Sales
Commentary (The following is provided by the Editor with notes and comments from others.)
- Various reminders are set throughout the application to help enforce standardized processes, so that nothing slips through the cracks.
- Automatic creation of recurring tasks based on specific parameters defined, including information to carry forward, date of creation (in a recurring pattern), to whom the task is assigned, saving time in bookkeeping processes, quarterly tax payments, and any other re-occurring functions.
- Automated generation of emails from XCM to employees informing them of a status change on one of their client’s returns.
- At the click of a button, automated population of email from the firm to the client, including questions posted in XCM by firm's staff.
- An area in XCM to be able to record your assembly and shipping instructions for your administrative staff, saving time throughout the process.
- Detailed reports for each return that display all parties involved in completing the task, all actions performed on the task is routed, and the specific path and dates that the task is routed throughout the office.
- From the home page and profile sheet, employees can see which returns have been extended, e-file information and detailed shipping information including who, how and when the return was delivered to the taxpayer.
- A complete automated tracking and monitoring solution for the E-filing process, from the time the consent form is mailed to the client to the time that the government acceptance form is received.
- XCM is hosted by the third largest hosting facilitator in the world, insuring the highest level of security.