General Reference Sites
- www.aiim.org-This is the site for all things Paperless.
- Planet PDF-This is the site for everything you ever wanted to know about working with PDF files.
- The Myth of the Paperless Office, Abigail Sellen-One of the few books out on paperless, a little dated.
- Index of State Imaging Laws-State laws on optical imaging.
- Redundant Array of Independent Devices (RAID)-Very good site for explaining RAID storage technology.
- Memory-RAM What you should know about RAM.
Records Retention Policy Sites
- AALNC Sample Records (Downloads PDF)
- Abnet Sample Policy (Downloads PDF)
- Sample Record Retention Policy for Not for Profit Organizations
- Benefits of Going Paperless (PDF)
- Tickmark Stamps for PDF (ZIP file)
- Paperless Audit As An Example Of Workflow (PDF)
- Common Formats for Digital Documents (PDF)
- Records Retention Guidelines (PDF)
- Sample ECM Implementation Plan (PDF)
Scanners and Scanning
- Before you buy a scanner, there may be more to it than you think. We gained invaluable insight from several respected authors and consultants in the field of digital documents. Here are some good links to pursue.
- A few scanning tips, by Wayne Fulton. An on-line self published book, this may be the best $23.95 you can spend. Wayne does a very good job of explaining pixel resolution, scanning pitfalls and what to watch out for. He even explains video and graphic resolution with good information before you create that next PowerPoint presentation.with PDF files.
- A Guide to Scanning Documents
- Scanning Tips for Graphics, Basic but good information.
- HTML Document Conversion
- TWAIN Community Web site has lots of resources you may find helpful.
- Fujitsu Scanners
- Scanner Reviews
- Large Scanner Review-Reviews of mid to high-end scanners.
- Imaging Resource is an online resource for scanners and digital cameras, interfaces, and associated software. Specifications, news, and reviews. Another fine site is Digital Photography Review.
Web-Based Backup Solutions
Entry to SMB
Mid-market to Enterprise-level Needs
Appliance and Replication Solutions