XCM Workflow Automation
Categories: Automation and Paperless Solutions; Workflow Solutions
XCM works with organizations to reduce turnaround times on client deliverables, such as tax returns, Client Accounting Services, and Audit Engagements—delivering a 5 times return on their investment. XCM can benefit organizations who need to decrease business process timeframes by streamlining work routing to address bottlenecks, improving visibility across projects, and reducing the risk of costly errors.
- Provides automated tracking and workflow for business processes across all departments, including Tax, Audit, Client Accounting Services, HR, Operations, IT, etc.
- Allows firms to mirror their actual workflow process within a Web application interface hosted on HTML5. Works horizontally with the firm's current tax, document management, and practice management software.
- Allows each employee to have a custom home page, a “My View” page, that acts as a detailed daily “to do” list, and includes the steps required to complete tasks –keeping everyone organized and efficient.
- Allows easy access to all the task information and related source documents through a digital control sheet that is accessible from the user’s home page.
- Provides advanced, query-based reporting that users can filter and sort, based on specified criteria in real time.
- Provides the ability to see the amount of work assigned to each person at any given time, and to easily move tasks and projects around to balance workloads
- Serves as a strategic management tool for partners and managers.
- Integration with CCH Document and Practice Management software, Windows Explorer, and Web-based Document Management Systems
- Available Modules:
- XCMportal® for secure client collaboration within established workflow processes;
- XCMmobile® for access to key, on-the-go functionality from any mobile device;
- XCMscheduler® for integrated resource and time management;
- XCMworkflow® for a centralized database for all past, current, and future projects;
- XCMapi® for greater connectivity between your management systems
- XCManalytics as a Service® for benchmarking and advanced KPI development
- Xpitax® Tax and CAS Outsourcing to help address staffing challenges and workload compression
Brief Product Description and Pricing
XCM is a very powerful application that includes features and benefits not found in tracking and/or document management solutions currently marketed to the accounting industry. Pricing is by user, contact XCM today for more details.
Web-based, browser- and device-agnostic application; all client information and reports are accessible remotely on any Internet browser at any time, from anywhere.
Company History and Contact Information
XCM Solutions was born from an accounting firm that was one of the early pioneers in the development of the paperless office. In 1999, the accounting firm, KAF Financial Group, became one of the first CPA firms in the country to fully adopt the paperless philosophy. It was through that understanding of the mix between technology and the process, that Founder & Chairman Mark Albrecht first conceived XCM as the engine to support the totally paperless workflow solution used in his outsourcing company, Xpitax LLC.
In its earlier stages, XCM was developed to handle the workflow for returns that were outsourced, however, Mark and his accounting firm envisioned a much greater use of the technology they developed. They determined that the same technology that allowed their CPA firm clients to outsource returns could be developed and used to support the entire workflow process that takes place internally inside an accounting firm to make it more efficient, more productive, and more profitable. The end result was the development of their two products: Xpitax Outsourcing used to control the offshore workflow process, and XCM to control the in-house workflow process.
The XCM team is comprised of former CPAs and industry experts with extensive experience in the accounting industry. The combined knowledge of this group of people provides the company with a clear understanding of the issues facing accounting firms on a daily basis and the foresight to develop technology that can be used to overcome those issues. The common goal is to help clients streamline their internal workflow process using simple and intuitive cloud-based solutions.Headquarters:
400 Crown Colony DriveSuite 302Quincy, MA 02169
Information and Sales
Commentary (The following is provided by the Editor with notes and comments from others.)
- Various reminders are set throughout the application to help enforce standardized processes, so that nothing slips through the cracks.
- Automatic creation of recurring tasks based on specific parameters defined, including information to carry forward, date of creation (in a recurring pattern), to whom the task is assigned, saving time in bookkeeping processes, quarterly tax payments, and any other re-occurring functions.
- Automated generation of emails from XCM to employees informing them of a status change on one of their client’s returns.
- At the click of a button, automated population of email from the firm to the client, including questions posted in XCM by firm's staff.
- An area in XCM to be able to record your assembly and shipping instructions for your administrative staff, saving time throughout the process.
- Detailed reports for each return that display all parties involved in completing the task, all actions performed on the task is routed, and the specific path and dates that the task is routed throughout the office.
- From the home page and profile sheet, employees can see which returns have been extended, e-file information and detailed shipping information including who, how and when the return was delivered to the taxpayer.
- A complete automated tracking and monitoring solution for the E-filing process, from the time the consent form is mailed to the client to the time that the government acceptance form is received.
- XCM is hosted by the third largest hosting facilitator in the world, insuring the highest level of security.